Minggu, 24 Januari 2010

Memorable moments

Magdalena Ball (of Compulsive Reader fame, and author and poet in her own right) made my day last Tuesday when she listed The Snowing and Greening of Thomas Passmore and Carlos Ruiz Zafón's The Angel's Game as her two favourite books for 2009.  Nice one.  Thank you.
Visit Magdalena Ball's blog.


It's been a very good couple of weeks in that respect, and so I thought I should knock myself down to size a little by sharing a couple of photos that captured one of my adventures in America last year.  Here I am, after canoeing some of the way down the west branch of the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania, having been persuaded to head back upstream in order to tackle that bit of white water head-on.  Surfing against the current in a canoe almost always, in my experience, guarantees a good soaking.

And, while I'm at it, the friend I'm paddling with here doesn't confine his outdoor interests to canoeing, but is also an accomplished skier.  If you're interested in cross-country skiing, check out his website (http://www.crosscountryskipa.com/)and his blog.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...