Rabu, 01 Juni 2011

Down at the Factory of the Imagination

I'm a slow writer. I know I am.  Some days, I end up with less words on the page than at the beginning of the day.  Although, hopefully, they're better-placed words.

Be that as it may, in addition to the novel I'm currently working on, I have a queue of five books waiting to be written, and as many short stories.  And I want to get them out.  To that end, I'm trying to write faster ... without sacrificing the telling of the story, the placement of the words.

I set myself a goal at the start of May: to lay down 10,000 reasonably polished words every month until novel Number Three is finished.  That would be just about doubling my output.


Well, it's 1st June today (the first day of winter in these 'ere parts, me hearties) and the word count has grown from 30,000 to 40,000 in the last month, so I'm reasonably content.  If I get to 50,000 by the end of this month, then I'll feel like I've really achieved something, and if I can keep that going throughout these winter months, then spring may see in the first of the final edits - fingers crossed (but not too crossed, otherwise it's difficult to type).

Now, back to work at the Factory of the Imagination.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...