Jumat, 30 April 2010

Everything's broken

This last week has been one of those weeks.  Nothing important - just Technology doing its nut.  So much so that it's absurdly amusing.
  • The food processor broke - beyond repair.
  • The CD player died after a long illness.
  • The microwave acted as if it had been taken over by a poltergeist: the number 4 randomly beeping onto the display, sometimes in quick succession and sometimes with a few hours between.
  • The rechargeable batteries on the telephone gave up their ghost - during a phone call, of course.
  • Yesterday, my laptop had a memory leak and couldn't open the Word document I wanted without spitting the dummy.
  • Last night, at 2:27 am, one of the smoke alarms decided to go postal... until I ripped its guts out.
None of this stuff is essential.  Technology will turn me into a Luddite.
Tomorrow I will move into a cave, grind my own pigments and paint stories on the wall.

Here's Bob Dylan rehearsing Everything is Broken:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...