Kamis, 27 Agustus 2009

Thumbs up to Scott Pack and Juana Molina

Thumbs up to Scott Pack (ex-buyer for HMV and Waterstones, currently publisher at The Friday Project) and a man with fine literary taste. Over at his blog, Me and My Big Mouth, he had this to say about The Snowing and Greening of Thomas Passmore:
"An intriguing set up, a great title and a strong cover. Not sure if any book chains promoted it but they should have done, it is rather good."

Did I say 'fine literary taste'? Make that exceptionally excellent taste.

While I was filching this quote from Scott's site, thought I might as well filch this YouTube video too. Noticed Juana Molina sitting there a couple of weeks ago and, while the music and her approach to creating it certainly won me over (have a look at her website), the video blew me away. Reminded me of an Hieronymus Bosch character chirruping away - somewhere this side of Hell. A sprite at best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...