Sabtu, 28 Februari 2009

The Desk


Many, many months ago, there was a meme inviting interested bloggers to post a piccy of their desk space. I have a feeling the one I saw was a Mrs T. post, but I've been unable to find it so can't be sure (but will link back to it if Mrs T points me in the right direction). All the same, it seemed a good idea and something I've been meaning to reciprocate for a year or so -- however long it's been.

I spend a lot of time at this desk, usually staring out the window at the ravens ripping pears off one of the trees, or playing with words, so it's an important space to me. As you can see, Post-Its are a key tool in my writing process, and I usually scribble on these at three or four in the morning and then spend a couple of weeks trying to decipher what I wrote. I made the brown lop-sided pot when I was about 10 and my grandmother gave me the old marmalade container which I've kept pens in ever since. I salvaged the timber for the desk from an old Science classroom in the UK. The builders were going to burn it, which seemed sacrilegious, so I bought it for a couple of bottles of beer and turned it into a desk. The chair swings and tilts in all the right ways, having learnt that I like to dance while I write... to Emilie Simon, DaftPunk, Ben Harper, Bob Marley... whoever.

How about picking up on this meme yourself? Just don't leave it for 12 months!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...